Monday, November 28, 2011

Weekend Recap

I’ve reached that time of year where I feel like I’ve piled my plate a little too full of things to do. Between the move, work, side babysitting jobs, volunteer commitments and normal Christmas time activities, I’m starting to feel the stress of it all. You’ll have to be patient with me in the next two weeks in terms of my blogging. If I miss a few days here in there, hopefully you’ll forgive me! My baking supplies have already been packed up for over a week, so there won’t be a new recipe post for a little while. Enough of that though, let’s move on to my packed weekend!

Friday night was low key, but ended up in an impromptu date night with Stephen. We’ve been avoiding grocery shopping as much as possible so that we don’t have heavy boxes of food to move, so that means we’ve really been lacking on snack foods in the house. Just before 10pm, we decided go grab some snacks from the store to make up for our rather small dinner. Stephen suggested last minute that we head to Boston Pizza for appetizers and dessert instead. It was nice taking that hour to ourselves and putting aside the stress of our lives for just a small window of time. It was very much needed.

Saturday started off bright and early because it was our first hangout with our Little Brother! (He’ll be referred to as LB from now on.) We decided to keep it rather simple to get LB to feel comfortable with us, so we started off with lunch at Dairy Queen. He’s such a polite kid that he didn’t even want us to spend our own money on him! We then headed back to our place to play some video games. We’re lucky that LB isn’t overly shy. He’s got a lot to say, but we can tell he gets nervous because a lot of his answers have been “I don’t know”. Hopefully he’ll begin to feel comfortable with us and open up more! Saturday night consisted of lots of packing.

Sunday morning started off even earlier because we had plans to head to a friend’s house. Some good friends of ours have recently adopted twins, so we finally got to have the chance to meet the kids and get to know them. We’ve been asked to be Auntie Angela and Uncle Stephen, so we were extra excited to meet the twins! We hit it off instantly with the kids; Stephen got plenty of cuddles from A, and I got plenty of cuddles from V. I cannot believe how much I’ve already fallen in love with these guys, and I can’t wait to spend more time with them.

When we got home on Sunday afternoon, we discovered some problems with our screen door. There were really strong winds in Calgary yesterday afternoon, which caught our screen door, opened it and started ripping it off the hinges. Thankfully, one of our neighbors noticed this and placed her planter in front of the door to prevent it from being completely destroyed. We do have a bent bar to deal with, so Stephen took the door completely off and hopes that he’ll be able to fix it so that we don’t have to spend over $300 to replace it completely. Apparently the winds were so bad yesterday that the downtown core was essentially shut down because of the windows being broken and flying debris! Amazing what Mother Nature can do.
Was your weekend as eventful as mine? Did you do anything fun? Please share, I want to live vicariously through you!
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...