Thursday, November 17, 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter Popcorn

This is yet another Pinterest recipe. You know, someone posed this question on Twitter recently: “Will the internet replace cookbooks?” I realized lately that a lot of the recipes I bake from have come from the internet. I don’t often set out to look for recipes online, and with a large cookbook collection, you would think that I would never have to. I just happen to spend a lot of time online, and subscribe to quite a few food blogs. Between those and Pinterest, it’s inevitable that I’ll come across delicious looking recipes.

November 17 002

Anyway, back to this recipe. I’m a big fan of quick and easy recipes. What person isn’t, right? I love recipes involving popcorn for this very reason, most of them seem easy and quick. Popcorn is also the perfect snacking food! By now, you have to know that I bookmark practically every recipe that involves chocolate and peanut butter. If it involves Reese’s, you know that I’m going to be pinning it. This recipe is originally pinned on Pinterest as “Reese’s Popcorn”, but I’m not buying that. Just because it involves chocolate and peanut butter, doesn’t make it Reese’s. However, this is still good popcorn. I recommend using a bag of popcorn that has very little butter in it, otherwise you’ll get too much of a butter taste.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Popcorn
Found on Pinterest

1 bag of popcorn, popped
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla
Icing sugar for sprinkling

1. In a medium microwavable bowl, melt together chocolate, peanut butter and butter. Stir in vanilla.
2. In a large bowl, combine the chocolate mixture with the popcorn. Stir to coat evenly.
3. Spread the popcorn onto a cookie sheet and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with icing sugar.

Enjoy!

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...