Friday, November 11, 2011

7 Quick Takes (Vol 60)

1. Today is Remembrance Day, so I’ve got the day off from work. I’ve been working so hard lately, that I’m thankful to get an extra day to catch up on my sleep. I know the true meaning of this holiday though, so I’ll be keeping veterans everywhere in my thoughts today.

2. We found out this week that two of the places that we had applied for (to move) have turned us down. I think the worst part is not knowing why the first place turned us down. We’ve got more viewings scheduled for this weekend, so please keep your fingers crossed for us, we’re starting to stress about finding a place to live!

3. I got a very important phone call last night; it looks like we may finally have a match for Big Brothers Big Sisters! Our worker is talking with the boy’s Mom to try and schedule a time for us to meet to see if we’d be a good fit for each other. He’s on the older end of the age range that we said that we wanted, so I’m a bit nervous. I know that I’m a nanny,  but my strengths truly lie with younger kids. What the heck do I do with a 9 year old boy? Thankfully, Stephen and I are doing this together, so I know that he’ll be great at it, and will definitely know what to do.

4. The Calgary Herald is launching a section on their website devoted to local bloggers, and yours truly is going to be apart of it! You’ll be able to find me under the food blogs section, which is rather exciting! If you click on the link above, you’ll notice that there are still some things to be worked out, like the load time, which is super slow. If you’re a Calgary blogger not on the website, apply here.

5. There was a launch party this week for the new bloggers section of the Calgary Herald’s website, and I’m sad to say that I had to miss it due to work. In fact, I often miss things because of my work hours, which are a bit longer than most people’s. The party looks like it was a lot of fun though, and I wish I could have gone!

6. I didn’t get around to crafting last weekend like I had hoped I would, so I’m bound and determined to do it this weekend. I’ll put off packing for one day, and devote today to Christmas card making. If I don’t get it done this weekend, I don’t know if I’ll ever get it done/

7. That’s about all that has happened this week. The move has consumed my every thought, so I haven’t been very exciting lately. What are your plans for the weekend?

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...