Friday, November 18, 2011

7 Quick Takes (Vol 61)

1. I didn’t blog on Wednesday. I’m trying to be ok with the fact that sometimes, I just don’t have anything to say. I really like blogging, and I do like blogging 5 days a week, but if nothing is going on, then I just don’t have much to say.

2. We finally found a place to live! It’s a bigger townhouse than the one we currently live in. It has 2 master bedrooms (both with ensuites!), an unfinished basement, a garage, a balcony off the kitchen and a patio off the living room. Best thing about the townhouse? I’ll be able to walk to work! We sign the lease papers Monday, and then move the first weekend in December.

3. I suppose that means that I better get serious about this packing business. I have done some packing, but now that we’ve found a place to live, I feel like this is actually happening, and I better get my but in gear!

4. I think Baby E helped seal the deal with this new townhouse. We went to look at it while I was working, so E came along. The lady showing us the place loved him, and when she called our references, she even talked to E’s Mom about how cute he is. We’ll be signing the lease during my work hours, so I guess she’ll get to see Baby E again!

5. Stephen and I have become an aunt and uncle! No, none of our siblings had any babies. Some really close friends of ours has adopted twins, and they’ve asked us to be Auntie and Uncle. I cannot wait for the kids to get settled enough for us to meet them, because I want to spoil them!

6. It’s officially winter here. Our high today will be –16C (but will feel like –24C) and we’ve got a good dusting of snow on the ground. *sigh*

7. My Saturday will be spent babysitting for a friend’s baby in the morning, then some rambunctious boys in the evening. I suppose I’ll be spending Sunday packing up a storm. What are your plans for the weekend?

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...