Thursday, November 3, 2011

Morning Glory Cupcakes

If I could, I would eat things like cookies and cupcakes for breakfast, every day. If there are leftover cupcakes in my house, I may occasionally indulge in a cupcake with my morning coffee. Realistically though, there are rarely leftover cupcakes in my house. Since sugar laden baked goods for breakfast isn’t a practical thing to do, I have to turn to muffins to get that fix. I’ve had various different morning glory muffin recipes saved, but for some reason, I just never got around to making them. When Ezra Pound Cake posted this recipe, I knew that I had to stop procrastinating and just make them.

october 30 001

Let me just say that these muffins were a hit. They were so moist and chock full of yummy add-ins that it was almost impossible to put them down. In fact, the two dozen muffins that I made were gone in less than three days, actually, it may have only been two. Stephen loved them so much that he ate them for every meal until they were gone, and then begged me to make more. Can you believe that this kid complains that I never bake enough for him? Honestly, everyone in my life complains that I don’t bake enough for them! Baking for others gets expensive rather quickly, but if they all started paying me, then I’d totally bake for them more often. Anyway, I’m getting off topic here. Just trust me on these muffins; they’d make a delicious breakfast and go well with your morning cup of java.

Morning Glory Muffins
From Ezra Pound Cake

2 1/4 cups flour
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 tbsp cinnamon
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup sweetened, shredded coconut
3/4 cups raisins
1 apple, peeled and grated
1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
2 cups grated carrots
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
3 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla

1. Preheat oven to 350F and line or grease a muffin pan.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Mix in the coconut, raisins, apple, pineapple, carrots and walnuts.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs. Add in the oil and vanilla.
4. Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients.
5. Spoon the batter into muffin pans. Bake for 25 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.

Enjoy!

october 30 004

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...