Friday, November 4, 2011

7 Quick Takes (Vol 59)

1. Let's just talk about Halloween quickly here. This year was the first time in a while that I felt like Halloween wasn't a holiday. I didn't go to any parties, and I only had one trick or treater. That trick or treater was a little boy, around 5 years old, WHO DIDN'T EVEN DRESS UP. He was too busy eating candy to even say Trick or Treat! Talk about a disappointment. If I was meaner, I wouldn't have even given him candy for that.

2. Still no progress on the house hunting process. We're still waiting to hear back from that one landlord, who is supposed to be calling our references. I know people have busy lives, but come on! We need to know wether or not to move on and find a different place! Patience is a virtue that I clearly lack at the moment.

3. My uncle is visiting from Toronto right now, so we had him over for dinner last night, along with my sister and her boyfriend. They showed up with my favorite cupcakes, and....Sambuca. I'm really not much of a drinker, and so to make me do a shot of (a disgusting, black licorice flavored) drink is not a good thing. All it took was one shot to do me in. I'm a lightweight!

4. It's cold and snowy this morning. When I left for work, it felt like -12C with the windchill. Here's the thing: if this was as bad as winter got for us, then I wouldn't mind it. It's knowing that this only the beginning and that it will get much colder is what gets to me.

{I had to drag out my scarf and mitts this morning!}

5. Packing begins this weekend. I'm not
looking forward to it at all. It seems like we've accumulated so much stuff over the last year! I'm going to have to start purging some things.

6. I'm also going to try and fit in some crafting time over the weekend. I have a bunch of Christmas cards that I want to make, but won't have time for them at the end of the month/beginning of December.

7. I should probably try to fit in some baking as well. I won't be able to do that in a few short weeks, so I'll need to stock up to hold us over!
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...