Monday, November 14, 2011

My Weekend in Instagrams

Despite the fact that I had a three day weekend, it just seemed to fly by. We’re at the time of year where everyone’s to-do lists are a mile long, and when you add on the fact that we have to  move in a few short weeks, then my list seems almost unbearable.

Cupcake Liners

The last thing I need to be doing is buying more stuff for the house, but when I went to the dollar store and found a bunch of cute cupcake liners, I snatched them right up. At only $1/60, I’m tempted to go back and buy more. (There was purple, pink, green and blue gingham, roses and polka dots.)

Crafty

Whenever I got a free moment this weekend, I worked on making some Christmas cards. I embossed one thing, and was covered in sparkles for the rest of the weekend. Always a sign of a good crafting session!

Pictures

On Saturday, I got down to business and removed (and packed) all of the pictures and art work in our place. I was sad when it came time to take down my gallery wall, but I hope to be able to recreate it in our new place.

Board Games

I swear that we own more board games than anyone I know! Believe it or not, I’d say that about 95% of them were gifts. We don’t play all of them (The OC board game is the worst of the bunch), so I really should go through them and donate the unused ones.

Boxes.

We won’t be having anymore guests over in our current place, since this is what one area of our living room looks like. Random observation: ever since we found out we had to move, I’ve stopped referring to our house as a home. Knowing that we won’t be here much longer makes me feel like I’m no longer living in a home.

Saturday night, we went out and looked at two more places. I can’t believe that we’re halfway through the month and we have yet to find a place to live! Stephen and I are both starting to feel the stress. If one of the places that we really want falls through, then we’ll need to start looking in different areas of the city.

Hershey's Pie

Since we were looking at places to live right over the dinner hour on Saturday, Stephen and I decided to eat at Burger King. Ages ago, Rebel Mel and I had a conversation about these pies. She loves them, but I didn’t realize that Burger King sold them! Since I rarely eat at Burger King (it’s one of my least favorite fast food place), I finally got the chance to try it out. Verdict: not half bad for fast food pie!

Sunday was a quiet day that consisted of more packing and catching up on some PVR’ed shows. Nothing to write home about.
How was your weekend?

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...