Saturday, July 17, 2010

My Saturday Smiles

10 things that made me smile this week:

1. I’m going to Vulcan to visit Tracy (my middle sister) today. It’s her birthday on Monday, so we’re going to help her celebrate tonight.

2. The kindness of strangers. We had a pretty bad hail storm on Monday, and I just happened to be outside with my nanny kids. A lady offered to let us wait it out in her garage.

3. Salted Brown Butter Rice Krispie Treats. (My list will probably always include at least one food. I can’t help it.)

4. Meeting new people.

5. An extra day off.

6. I became an Aunt this week! Well, sort of. Stephen’s brother’s girlfriend had her baby on Monday. We’re technically not family, but I’m calling myself an Aunt anyway. She had a baby boy and named him Kolton!

7. Sunshine, after a few rainy days.

8. Retail therapy.

9. Homemade popsicles. (Rainbow pudding pops and Strawberry popsicles)

10. Seeing fireworks from my bedroom window. (Sunday will be the last day that I’ll be able to see them, since the Stampede ends on Sunday!)

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...