Friday, July 23, 2010

7 Quick Takes (Vol 8)

7 quick takes

1. Work has been tiring me out this week, but in the completely satisfying I love my job kind of way. I’ve been working with my Friday Family all week (next week as well), so it’s been all play, all the time. I love it.

2. To try make a long story short, my Friday kids are here from Australia for only a short amount of time, so they don’t have their normal amount of toys that they do at home in Australia. Trying to entertain them has been tricky and I’m having to be a lot more creative than normal. Any suggestions for keeping kids entertained are always welcome.

3. I just took a break from writing this post to have a sing along to Adam Lambert. Oh yes, I’m that awesome!

4. I’ve mentioned before that I’ve met another nanny who works close by me. She has kids close in age to mine, so we’ve been hanging out this week. I love having someone to talk to! My job can get incredibly at times because I have no one to talk to. I need to meet more nannies.

5. I had planned on going strawberry picking this summer and have been waiting so very patiently for the end of July to come along (which is supposedly when you pick ‘em type farm open here). I checked a farm’s website recently to find out that they may not even open to the public this year. The weather has been colder than normal and a ridiculous hail storm a week or two ago has damaged a lot of crops. I can’t even tell you how disappointed I am. I need to move somewhere warmer.

6. Stephen cooked me a fabulous breakfast for dinner last night, which lead me to tell him that he needs to become a stay at home Dad so that our lives could become a lot yummier. He told me that if I can get a job that would support us, he wouldn’t be opposed to it. I’m definitely with the right guy.

7. I feel like I haven’t been baking lately. I normally bake and give away most of it to stop myself from eating it all, but haven’t had anyone to give it to recently. In order to stop myself (and Stephen) from eating it all, I just haven’t been baking. It’s a strange feeling.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...