Thursday, July 29, 2010

Chocolate, Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Cookies

Baking With Angela

It has just been too dang hot to bake lately. Sure, you think it’s hot outside, but once you step into my apartment, you won’t even need the oven to bake your cookies. I don’t even want to turn on my dishwasher, because steam blows out and heats up the apartment. Did I ever tell you how we don’t even have to turn on the heat in the winter time, unless it dips below –15C? That’s how ridiculous my apartment is.
July 28 180

While browsing food blogs, I came across what is now my new favorite one: Ezra Pound Cake. Rebecca makes beautiful food and takes dreamy pictures of it. When I came across her recipe for No-Bake Chocolate, Peanut Butter and Oatmeal cookies, I knew I had a gem in my hands. The best part about them? Her description of why she loves these cookies so much. Hint: It has to do with what she likes to call the Raging Pink Hulk. Her description of what it’s like when the Raging Pink Hulk visits is exactly how I would describe my life.

These cookies are almost an exact copy of the Chocolate Macaroons that I guest posted about on Hayley’s blog. I always bake at least a double batch of those, but I think from now on I’ll be baking a triple batch of these ones. I have a weakness for peanut butter/chocolate combos.

No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
Seen on Ezra Pound Cake

(Printable Recipe)

1/2 cup butter
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
4 tbsp cocoa
1/2 cup peanut butter
3 cups quick oats
2 tsp vanilla
July 28 071

1. Combine butter, sugar, milk and cocoa powder in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Continue boiling for one minute.

2. Remove from heat. Combine peanut butter, oats and vanilla. Add in cocoa mixture.

3. Drop by tablespoonful onto waxed paper and let cool until set.

July 28 076

Store in refrigerator. (Tastes great straight out of the freezer too!)

July 28 183

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...