Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Ten on Tuesday


1. What are your plans for the holidays? Do you travel at Thanksgiving? If you celebrate Christmas, do you travel then, too?
For Thanksgiving, family normally travels to us. The same usually goes for Christmas, but this year we'll be celebrating at my sister's place in Vulcan.

2. How do you make the plans for the holiday? If you have a significant other, how do you decide which family to visit?
Our plans for the holidays are normally pretty much the same every year. For 24 years, I have never been away from my family during Christmas. Now that I'm dating Stephen, and now that his Mom lives closer to us, we've tried to make plans to go visit her and his grandparents for Christmas, but those plans have yet to work out.

3. Do you have your Thanksgiving meal at lunch or later in the day?
We have it at dinner time. I never realized that some people have it at lunch!

4. Do you have a favorite Thanksgiving tradition?
I really don't think we have any traditions other than family getting together and eating a bug turkey dinner.

5. After a big meal do you lounge around or get up and take a walk?

We normally just lounge around, but if the weather is nice, then I wouldn't mind a walk.

6. Do you shop on “Black Friday” or do you avoid it?
We don't have Black Friday in Canada. I think the most similar day would be Boxing Day (day after Christmas) and we'll often go shopping together as a family. Do Americans have Boxing Day? I cant remember.

7. When do you usually finish your Christmas shopping?
A week or two before Christmas, depending on how organized I am. We've only bought three presents so far.

8. Do you and your significant other exchange gifts? Is there a budget?
The first year we were together, Stephen and I exchanged gifts. He went all out and spoiled me rotten. Last year, we bought a TV and called it our gift for each other. This year, I think we've decided that we'll pick something that we may not normally buy, and get it as a gift for ourselves. (Surround sound system, fancy new duvet and a shopping trip to a restaurant store are all in the running)

9. When do you decorate for the holidays?

Usually around the end of November. Since we're moving in December 1st, Christmas decorations will go up as I'm decorating the new place.

10. Do you go “all out” with the decor or do you keep it simple?
I grew up with a Mom who went all out with the decor, so I've really grown to love that. Stephen and I haven't really had the extra money to buy Christmas decorations thanks to moving just before Christmas for the second year in a row, so we've kept it simple so far.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...