Friday, November 12, 2010

7 Quick Takes (Vol 20)

1. In case you missed the announcement on Twitter or Facebook, Stephen and I found a place to move into! We’ve signed a lease for a 3 bedroom townhouse, and we move on December 1st. Best part? It’s only $50 more than what we’re paying for our tiny little one bedroom condo! Oh, and there’s a washer and dryer, which possibly may be the best thing ever.

2. Now begins the packing. We picked up boxes this week, so all of my free time will be devoted to shoving my life into various sized boxes. I’ve already packed away my cookbooks, which means that my baking supplies aren’t that far behind. Sad day!

3. Our internet was down last night. When you combine no internet and no cable, that makes for a very dull night. Luckily, I had season two of Supernatural from the library to keep me company.

4. My next Women of Wonder mission is to hold a bake sale and donate all proceeds to charity. I’ll be holding one this Sunday from 12pm-4pm, so if there’s anyone from Calgary reading this that would like to come, let me know and I’ll email you the address.

5. We’re going to attempt our hot air balloon ride again tomorrow morning. Keep your fingers crossed for us that we’ll have nice weather. (Nice weather meaning that it won’t be too windy. We already went and bought new toques and mitts because of how cold it will be.)

6. My youngest sister is in Vancouver this week. I’m insanely jealous.

7. Baby C’s (one of the boys I nanny) Mom told me this week that I’m really good at getting him to fall asleep quickly, and at getting him to take long naps. She says that she can’t even do that! I just hope that when I have kids of my own someday, I’ll be that good with them.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...