Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

Fourteen.

1. Favorite book(s) when you were a child and why?
The Velveteen Rabbit. Just the thought of a toy rabbit being turned into a real life rabbit makes me all giddy inside.

2. First “grown-up” book you remember reading (i.e. written for adolescents or with adult themes, such as The Outsiders or Catcher in the Rye).
Flowers in the Attic by V.C. Andrews.

3. Favorite movie that came from a book (even if you didn’t read the book and just love the movie).
I can’t even narrow it down to one. Harry Potter stands out at the moment. There’s probably a much better one that I’m forgetting about.

4. Movie that you loved so much that you WISHED there was a book out so that you could find out more about the movie.
Little Miss Sunshine! (is there a book? Maybe I should have googled this first.)

5. Worst book you’ve ever read?
I’ve read my share of duds throughout the years, but the one that stands out the most is The Invisible Man. I don’t even remember who it was by or what it was about, but I remember sitting in the middle of my sixth grade class reading it and hating every minute of it.

6. Book that everyone raves about that you either a) haven’t read and feel slightly dumb for not having read it or b) have tried to read and hated and so feel slightly dumb that everyone is getting something you don’t.
Twilight. Seriously, what’s the obsession? It’s ok, I read the first two books and watched the first movie but… it just doesn’t seem as amazing as every says it is.

7. If you were forced to choose only 3 books that you could read for the rest of your life, which ones would they be? (Or if you were stranded on a desert island, which 3 books would you want there with you?).
The Kite Runner by Kahled Hosseini
Tuesdays With Morrie by Mitch Albom
Eat Love Pray by Elizabeth Gilbert
(Not so sure on the last one, but that’s what popped into my head.)

8. Name one book that if you could recommend that everyone you know read, what is it?
Tuesdays With Morrie by Mitch Albom.

9. What is your “guilty pleasure” reading?
Ridiculous Chick Lit. I have a weak spot for it.

10. What book (excepting the Bible or other major document of your religion/faith) has changed your outlook on life the most?
Tuesdays With Morrie. (Seeing a trend here?)

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...