Sunday, January 24, 2010

On The Simple Things…

Sometimes, it’s the little things in life that can bring me the most pleasure. Only problem is, I have to actually slow down once in a while and remember this. This past weekend, I did.

Friday Night
I met up with a friend I hadn’t seen in a while, so that we could have a craft night. We started off at Michael’s, where I stocked up on cheap ribbon (when did I become obsessed with ribbon?), and then we headed to Starbucks for a caffeine refuelling. We had an amazing chat (which prompted me to tweet this), during which this friend informed me she would like to start a blog! We quickly headed back to my place and got to work on creating her new blog and showing her the awesomeness of 20sb. Another friend called us up to let us know that he had rented a movie and wanted to watch it with us. So much for craft night, but for once, it was quite alright. It was nice spending time with friends that I hadn’t seen in a couple of weeks. The movie was incredibly odd, but we shared enough laughs to make up for that.

Saturday
I informed Stephen that I wanted to actually spend some time with him (blogging and playing Eve didn’t count), and that I wanted him to plan a date for us. After waiting around pretty much all day…he told me our date, due to not so pleasant weather, was going to be playing guitar hero and eating an awesome dinner together. After about 5 minutes of playing guitar hero, we both realized that we weren’t really into it. I looked up movie times, and we were off to dinner (poutine!) and the cheap theatre, where we saw Law Abiding Citizen. Good movie, by the way. On our way home, as we were about to pass Olympic Plaza, I jokingly said that we should get off the train (at midnight!) and go ice skating. Turns out Stephen was all for it, so we got off and headed over. Naturally, we didn’t bring our skates to the movie (we don’t even own skates), so we just spent about 15 minutes running and sliding around in our shoes. It was snowing ever so lightly, and there were twinkle lights in all the trees surrounding the plaza, making it the most perfect 15 minutes of the night. I slid over to Stephen and told him that I didn’t need big, fancy or expensive dates, I’m perfectly content doing little things like this, because we’re spending the time together, away from the distractions of computers and TVs.

Sunday
Andi and I planned another baking date this afternoon, this time to make my great grandma’s banana bread. Her webcam worked this time, so I got a tour of her kitchen! Andi- you need to work on getting your passport so we can have a real baking/craft date!

Baking Round 2 032 (Click picture to make bigger) Of course we took pictures for blogs/facebook/twitter!

Baking Round 2 034 
I whipped up three loaves of bread, to put two in the freezer. Banana bread on demand!

What simple things did you stop to take pleasure in this weekend?

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...