Saturday, January 9, 2010

Blogging Through My School Years: Kindergarten

I’ve been reading a series of these posts done by two other bloggers (Just a Titch and Writing to Reach You), and started to constantly think back through my school years. I figured it was time for me to join in and write my own posts.

My first day of Kindergarten, I walked into the class and was looking for a spot to sit in the circle. That’s when I noticed it; two boys were fighting over who would get to be my boyfriend. I walked over to them and settled the fight, I straight up told them that I was going to be Brian’s girlfriend. Which basically meant that we sat next to each other and played together. One day though, Brian showed up with a new haircut, and I hated it. I hated it so much in fact, that I dumped him on the spot.

My favorite thing to play at school was “house”. We had an awesome house center, complete with fridge, stove, table, plastic food and dress-up clothes. During one play session, my friend and I decided that we were going to be the family’s cat and dog (as the dog lover, you can bet I played the dog). Our teacher was making his rounds, and when he arrived at the house center and realized what we were playing, promptly told my friend and I that we had to stop pretending to be a cat and a dog because he was allergic to animals. Are you kidding me? Even at that young age, I understood that he was completely crazy for saying that to us.

One of my best friends in the neighborhood was in grade five. I honestly can’t remember her name, but the only thing that sticks out to me is that she was so much older than me, yet was still my best friend. I also remember that when playing at her house, I was either not allowed to use their washroom, or had to let them pull off a set amount of toilet paper for me, because I used too much.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...