Sunday, February 28, 2010

Proud to be a Canadian!

I have a confession to make.

I’m just not that into sports. Especially sports on TV. I love going to hockey and lacrosse games…but as soon as you put them on TV, cue me falling asleep. During this years Olympics, I’ve watched all of an hour of it. And that was during the Opening Ceremonies. Thanks to Twitter (add me here!), I’ve been kept up to date on how Canada has been doing. During hockey, I’ve gotten a play by play by certain people that I follow.

Today, for some odd reason, I decided that I needed to watch the final Canada Vs. USA Men’s hockey game. And I actually liked it. In fact, I was totally into it and shouted things at the TV. Stuff like “COME ON JUST GET IT IN ALREADY!!! THAT’S WHAT SHE SAID.” Yes, I know how lame I am. This prompted Stephen to laugh at me the entire game. Stephen and I both screamed when Team USA scored a goal in the final seconds of the game…and then Stephen had to leave for work. Talk about bad timing. I was getting so stressed and anxious over whether or not we were going to win…but then we got that final goal! I literally yelled and jumped for joy. Me. The girl who usually falls asleep during hockey games on TV. Who knew?

Since the game ended, 3+ hours ago, I’ve been listening to people screaming and cars honking. One of the joys of living so dang close (2 blocks) to The Red Mile. If I wasn’t alone, and sick, I would have convinced Stephen to join me there to celebrate our win.

I’ve got to hand it to you Calgary, you sure know how to party.
And Canada? You’re awesome. I love you.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...