Sunday, February 21, 2010

Fiesta!

Saturday night was finally the night of our Fiesta!
Stephen and I spent all of Friday grocery shopping, cooking,  and cleaning. Time passed by so quickly that before I knew it, it was 5pm on Saturday, and people were showing up. For once, everyone that I invited came to our party. 12 people +1 baby+ 1 dog crammed into a teeny little apartment makes for some seriously fun times!

My parents decided to send over some fiesta decorations (since we had cut that out of our budget). Included was a set of fake moustaches that were hilarious! Everyone took turns donning a sombrero and moustache and posing for pictures.
Angela Fiesta We ate a ridiculous amount of yummy food: cheesy nachos, homemade salsa, beef and chicken tacos, chocolate cupcakes and Smitten Kitchen’s Cappuccino Fudge Cheesecake. I’ve had that recipe bookmarked since the end of November, knowing that I wanted it to be my birthday cake. When my sister Jessica heard that I was going to bake my own birthday cake, she offered to make it for me, and did an AMAZING job. Seriously yummy.
cake Stephen bought me Apples to Apples, because I was desperate not to pull out our regular party game. It seemed to have gone over quite well, judging by how loud everyone got! At one point, my mom told us that we could be heard down the hall by the elevators. Oops!

We had a jalapeno pepper shaped piñata, which was all fine and dandy except for the fact that we live in a tiny apartment. And we own an expensive TV and computer that could be damaged quite easily, not to mention that we don’t have anywhere to hang a piñata! Don’t worry, my dad stepped up to the plate and held the piñata at the end of a broomstick, and Stephen was first up to take a whack. I stood in the safety of the kitchen, which of course ended up being in the line of fire. Stephen took a huge whack, and all of the candy came flying at my face, prompting a very comical scream from me. Luckily, it was all caught on camera. Once I get my hands on this video, I’m going to have to post it here!
pinata After all is said and done, I’m going to have say that this party went quite well! Stephen and I both had a blast, and we’ll be eating leftover tacos for days!

{There’s a few more pictures from the party up on my facebook. If we’re not already fb friends, email me at pinkpunch at gmail dot com and I’ll send you the link!}

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...