I actually started this list a while ago (around March, I believe), and while I was all about it at first, I’ve slacked off recently. I’ve decided to post this here with the hope that it’ll get me going again! Since I forgot about it for a while, there are some completed items on the list without a completion date.
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).
Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple goals such as New Year's resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organising and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.
Strike Out- Finished
Italic- In Progess
In Progress: 10
1. Finish this list! (I've been working on it for months now.)
2. Try 3 new foods. (1. Okra)
3. Eat at 5 new restaurants (1. Mango Shiva)
4. Buy heels.
5. Buy a dress.
6. Bake bread from scratch (not banana bread!) (Done several times now, I love it!)
7. Go to the ballet.
8. Keep a dream journal for a month.
9. Spend a day cooking and freezing meals.
10. Finish a scrapbook, and keep it for myself.
11. Buy myself flowers 3 times.
12. Do the Columbia Icefield Tour.
13. Go on a hike.
Make dinner 4 different times.(1. Lazy cabbage rolls 2. Lasagna 3. Chili 4.Chicken and Sausage Gumbo) 15. Plant some flowers.
Host a dinner party. Completed February 20, 2010
17. Make something from Hello Cupcake.
18. Make a fancy birthday cake 4 times. (3/4)
19. Read 2 memoirs.
20. Mail in a Post Secret.
21. Mail a random person a postcard.
22. Donate blood.
23. Bake everything in one cookbook.
24. Go two weeks (and then possibly longer) without drinking pop.
25. Do yoga!
Go to Zoo Lights. (completed December 2009)
27. Make Jam.
28. Learn a new card game (I know about 3, yikes!) (President, Crazy Eights Countdown)
29. Have a picnic in the park.
30. Start a recipe book with Stephen.
31. Can some fruit.
32. Buy 2 lottery tickets.
33. Go to the Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra (completed March 14/09)
34. Complete a puzzle.
35. Buy earrings and actually wear them!
36. Read more of the newspaper (besides the arts and life sections)
Get G.G.'s Banana bread recipe. (completed December 2009)
38. Send 5 letters to friends (2/10)
39. Do the Light The Night walk (September 2009)
40. Give someone a just because gift.
41. Buy a magazine subscription.
42. Write down 100 things that make me happy.
43. Save $2 for every task completed, then spend it all on something fabulous for myself.
44. Go strawberry picking (or apple or pumpkin!)
45. Make my own Christmas cards.
46. Conquer pie crust.
Go to a farmer's market.
48. Find a new bakery to love.
49. Make proper cabbage rolls.
50. Make homemade perogies
51. Go on a double date with friends. (Went to dinner with Natasha and Kenny)
52. Go go-karting .
53. Go fishing (June 2009)
54. Get better at speaking french.
55. Purchase frames for maps.
56. Go to a spa.
57. Volunteer somewhere.
58. Buy (and wear) an outfit I wouldn't normally consider.
59. Buy a new camera.
60. Go rafting on the Bow River.
61. Go stargazing.
62. Buy a multi-vitamin and take daily (USANA Essentials Pack + Fish Oil)
Have D’arcy and Greg over for a meal. (completed December 23, 2009)
64. Make Stephen breakfast in bed.
65. Try using fondant on a cake.
66. See a play.
67. Buy new prescription sunglasses
68. Write a message on a balloon and release it (like we did at Rondi's funeral)
69. Hang a windchime in a parking lot (inspiration from here.)
70. Finish my cross-stitching projects. (0/2)
71. Get fish with Stephen (and name them peanutbutter and Jam!)
72. Go on a double date with my parents.
73. Take photobooth pictures with props.
74. Leave a love note somewhere for a stranger to find.
75. Go to the Clayground again.
76. Learn to read notes in the bass clef (to be able to help Claire practice piano)
77. Go camping. (June 2009)
78. Go to a rodeo
79. Throw Mom and Dad birthday birthday parties (Dad’s birthday completed.)
80. See Cirque Du Soleil.
81. Grow some sort of herb, and then actually use it.
82. Purchase an art journal. 83. Attend a summer festival. (Sun and Salsa Festival)
84. Fill up photo albums with all of my pictures I have laying around.
85. Learn more about baking in other countries. Bake something! (0/5)
86. Go to the pride parade! (September 2009)
87. Make a family tree, then give it away to a family member
88. Make homemade Vanilla Extract for friends (November 26, 2009. Will be giving away as Christmas gifts.) 89. Get my pictures off the old computer.90. Go knife shopping with Stephen and buy one to suit my needs. (Completed January 2010) 91. Own a Kitchen Aid mixer! (Best purchase ever!)
92. Save some money from each check and put it toward replacing certain parts of my wardrobe
93. Do at least ten things from this list.
94. Make a greeting cards scrapbook.
95. Find a suitable way to display all of my concert/play tickets. (ex: scrapbook)
96. Attend family reunion in September 2010.
97. Get a ridiculous manicure with a friend.
98. Bake with an unusual ingredient.
My end date is: Tuesday, December 6, 2011
If you have any questions about any of my tasks, feel free to ask!