Monday, October 12, 2009

Thanksgiving

It's Thanksgiving here in Canada, and even though I had my dinner on Saturday night, I thought I would make a list of things that I am thankful for.

-My family: They're always there for me, and always so full of love. I feel like now that I've moved away from home, my relationships with my individual family members have strengthened. They're always requesting that I bake something for them, and even when it doesn't turn out the way I hoped (like my pumpkin pie did on Saturday), they're still full of compliments.

-Stephen: I can't even begin to tell you how thankful I am for him. He has an endless well of patience when it comes to my moodiness, crying and just general Angela-ness. He's incredibly thoughtful and loving. If I keep going, this will turn out to be much too mushy.

-My friends: While I don't have the huge circle of friends that I once had, the ones that have stuck around are amazing, no joke. They put up with my silliness, and the way I tend to become a hermit every so often and don't phone anyone for ages. They probably just stick around because I always bake for them, haha!

-My apartment: While it's not perfect, I'm incredibly lucky to be living in an apartment downtown at all. My entire life, I've always wanted to live downtown. Mission accomplished.

-My job: I probably complain about it more than I should, but I'm thankful to even have a job! My nanny family is pretty amazing, and I'm so lucky to be apart of these kids' lives. They're going up to be such amazing people.

Even though it's not Thanksgiving for everyone just yet, I hope you'll take a moment to stop and think of what you're thankful for!
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...