Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Random Thoughts

The past two weeks at work have been kicking my but, seriously. I'm not entirely sure why, but I have a feeling that it has something to do with this cold that I can feel coming on. I haven't been getting enough sleep lately either, even on the weekends. I feel like I could use a good 14 hours to help me feel better. Random fact: When I was a kid, if I didn't get enough sleep (especially at sleep overs), I would be physically ill the next day. My mom would always have to remind me of that before I left for a sleep over, yet I still went anyway. I'm glad that I outgrew the getting physically ill part, but I still feel like I'm not entirely myself unless I get about 8 hours of sleep a night. Should be easy right? Not so much. This is the first time since about grade 9 that I'm actually getting 8 hours of sleep a night, I kid you not. I can pinpoint the time since grade 9 is when I started Seminary....which was the beginning of many years of sleep loss.

I'm hosting a Halloween Fondue Party on Saturday night. While I have had fondue before, I've never actually been the one to make it myself. Yet suddenly, I find myself with two fondue pots and the need to host a party. Which reminds me, hosting these little get togethers is getting expensive for me....but I just love to entertain, and I'd probably do it until all I'm eating is bread and water. That's just who I am.

Told you that my thoughts were random today.

Oh, and as for Ten on Tuesday...I was experiencing major writer's block. I have a half finished post in my drafts but just couldn't find the writing mojo to finish it off. It's probably because the topic was "Ten Favorite Movie Moments" which means:

a) I have much more than ten favorite moments
b) I can't do it half way and just write the moments down. I wanted to link to youtube videos and everything.

I'm hoping my mojo comes back and I finish it off on one of my days off so that I can post it anyway.

Today is my best friend's birthday, but she's in New Brunswick and I'm in Alberta. I miss her terribly.

Happy hump day everyone!

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...