1. I can’t believe it’s already Friday again. For the past few weeks, I’ve been working so hard that time has just flown by. Within a two week period, I managed to work 109 hours. I also managed to pick up a nasty cold along the way, which means I haven’t been taking very good care of myself.
2. Thankfully, I have today off. My regular Friday family is in Mexico, and my other nanny family didn’t need me today. I got a whole 12 hours of sleep; I can’t even tell you the last time that happened! I also get Monday off, because it’s Family Day here in Alberta. 4 whole days off sounds absolutely amazing to me.
3. Speaking of the weekend, want to know my plans? I was offered an awesome opportunity to go get photos taken at a new photography studio here in Calgary (in exchange for writing about it on my blog). Stephen and I have very few photos together (since I’m usually the one taking the pictures), so I jumped on this opportunity, and I’m dragging him along with me.
4. Later that night, we’ll be meeting up with some friends for coffee and dessert. We were supposed to go to a lacrosse game, but some poor planning hindered that opportunity. I don’t care what we do though, I’ll be happy just getting out of the house and spending time with some of my favorite people!
5. Valentine’s Day was this week, and of course I need to mention what Stephen did for me. We’ve never been the type of couple to really celebrate Valentine’s Day. With it being so close to my birthday, and with Stephen usually working late that day, it’s never been our holiday. This year though, I bought Stephen a couple of little chocolates and left them for him to find when he woke up. Of course he had to go and outdo me though. What I didn’t know is that he had planned to take the day off work, so that he could go out and buy the bench that I wanted for our front hallway. Since the one I wanted wasn’t in stock (it was a bench with storage), he grabbed another one, and bought a little chest to stick underneath for storage. What I didn’t realize is that he had stuck some roses and chocolate in there! This was completely unexpected, especially after the surprise he pulled off for my birthday not so long ago. He said that he also really wanted me to have the bench that I wanted!
6. We also went to the movies that night. Our original plan was to join my sister and her boyfriend to see The Vow, but of course, it was sold out. We ended up seeing Contraband, which I happened to really like anyway. I’ve been absolutely spoiled this month, and it turns out, Stephen’s already planning something for our anniversary next month. He’s not normally the kind of guy to go all out for every single holiday/special occasion. I don’t know what’s gotten into him, but I sure do love it!
7. I’ve been mentioning this furniture that Stephen bought me for my birthday. My Mom has been begging me for pictures of it, which I plan on taking at some point today. I think I’ll share them here next week.
Hopefully you have an amazing weekend! What do you have planned?