Thursday, January 19, 2012

7 Quick Takes (Vol 66)

I realize that today is only Thursday, and 7 Quick Takes normally comes on Fridays. For some reason, I'm just over this week. I decided to just go ahead and post this today and take a few days off from blogging.

1. The topic of the week in Calgary has been the weather, so naturally, I have to talk about it here. We've had a mild winter, so Mother Nature decided to get us back by blasting us with arctic weather. It's been hovering around the -30C mark, then with windchill added on, it's reached -40C.

See the overnight low in the picture above? I can hardly even fathom that temperature! I'm so thankful that I live close to work and spend minimal time outside.

2. Since it has been so stinking cold, I've been changing into my pajama bottoms at work. I love that I work at a job where I can hang out in my pajamas if I want to!

3.Baby E has started walking! He's been doing a 5 step shuffle for a couple of weeks, but yesterday, he started walking up a storm! It's adorable how excited he gets.

4. I feel like such an old woman sometimes. I've been going to bed by ten all week, yet I'm still exhausted when I wake up in the morning. I need to figure out what's going on and make a change in my routine, as this is getting ridiculous.

5. Tomorrow, Stephen and I are taking our Little Brother to the Hitmen hockey game. I think we're all pretty excited for it! Big Brothers Big Sisters Calgary makes various tickets available to matches to use free of charge, which is fantastic. It also helps on the wallet, since all costs are our responsibility. They encourage free activities, but it's nice to get out and do fun things like hockey games!

6.My birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks, and for probably the first time ever, I can't decide what I want to do. Do I want to go out to dinner with friends? Have friends over to my place? Or just go to a nice dinner with Stephen? I have no idea what I want.

7. I haven't baked since before Christmas, and I'm just itching to get back in the kitchen. I've already bookmarked some yummy looking cookies this morning, but I'm open up to more suggestions. Got any recipes you're willing to share?

1 comment:

  1. You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this matter to be actually something that I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I am looking forward for your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!
    Fisher Paykel Opus Nasal Pillow Mask

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...