Tuesday, January 17, 2012

101 in 1001: My Last Update.

I’m not sure if you’ve been following along with my project 101 in 1001, but I have my list posted in a tab, up at the top of my blog. (I’ll be leaving it up there for a few more days.) If you have been following along, then you may have noticed that my completion date of December 6th has come and gone.

Out of the 101 items on my list, I completed around 44 of them. While I initially thought that this was a failure (less than half of the items were completed), I realized that it really wasn’t. This was a learning experience for me, and every item completed was a way to make me a better person. Some of items were frivolous, but that’s ok. Every once in a while, we need to give ourselves permission to be more frivolous. Other items were intended to push me out of my comfort zone, and while those were the ones that weren’t completed, they were still in my mind. I’ve acknowledged the fact that I need to push myself out of my comfort zone, so that’s progress, right? Ok, maybe it’s just a teeny little baby step.

When I made this list, I was a completely different person; it was early on in my relationship with Stephen. While my relationship with him doesn’t dictate who I am as a person, it does shape it. My priorities have changed since we’ve become serious, so I feel like if I were to write a new 101 in 1001 list, it would be filled with things much different than what was on my previous list. They’d be bigger things that would change my whole life. I suppose that’s just natural, as I am getting older. I thought for sure that I would write a new 101 list as soon as this deadline is up, but I’m not sure that I will. I don’t want to fill it with silly little things that won’t be relevant to me in a year; but I don’t want to put such big items on it  that I’ll have no way of accomplishing in 1001 days.

I think that this is where a bucket list comes in. It’s no secret that I love lists, so the thought of not having some sort of life list makes me sad. I like the idea of having a bucket list though, as there is no end date to work toward! I think that I’m going to start working on a bucket list, and when I have a few items on my list, I’ll share it here. It’ll replace my 101 list in the tabs at the top.

Have you ever attempted the 101 in 1001 project? Do you have a bucket list? If you do, please leave me a link to them in the comments. I love reading other peoples lists!

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...