Wednesday, September 2, 2009

My New Baby


I'd like to introduce you to my new baby....
That's right, I got my very own Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer! I've been dying to own one for ages, and after about a month or so of promises from Stephen, we finally picked on up last night. She's so shiny and black and....beautiful!!! I seriously cannot stop staring at her. I'm in love. Yes, my Kitchen Aid is a 'she', in fact, her name is Lola. I name all of my electronics (or in this case, appliance). My ipod is Dexter and my cell phone is...oh crap. I forgot to name my cell phone. So I lied, I've only ever named my ipod, and now my Kitchen Aid. I haven't had a chance to plug her in and put her to use, I've just been too tired, and my kitchen is too messy. I fell asleep on the couch last night earlier than intended, and I haven't gotten around to cleaning the kitchen yet this evening.
You better believe that this weekend will be filled with lots of baking though! (FYI: My weekend starts tomorrow. I get a nice extra long weekend!)

Lola cost Stephen and I small fortune, and now we're on a strict budget for the next two weeks. I've only ever spent more money than this once in my life (not including living related expenses)...and it was on a pair of Michael Kors sunglasses. Which are now broken. I may or may not have cried over them.

When the roomie got home last night, before he was barely in the door, I was shouting for him to come look at Lola. He stood there admiring her, and just as he was about to reach out and touch her, I shouted even louder "Don't touch!" No one's allowed to use my baby but me.
Perhaps I'm a tad too posessive.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...