Thursday, July 16, 2009

Coffee Dates & Noticing Changes

I've been living away from home for about a month now. I moved in with my boyfriend and his roommate, and you know what? I absolutely love it! I never thought I would love it as much as I do. The thing I love most is the location of our apartment, we're living downtown and there's always so much going on. One of my favorite parks is just a tweny minute walk away, and I've found myself there quite a bit in the past two weeks.
I met up with a good friend of mine for a coffee date. We got coffee at Second Cup and then made our way to Prince's Island Park. It was around sunset, so it was extra gorgeous!


{Walking across the bridge overlooking The Bow River}
{ A fountain in Prince's Island Park}

After walking around the park for awhile and experiencing the musical stylings of a beginner violinist, we made our way to China Town for a short walk. We were accosted by way too many bugs, so we decided to end our coffee date with promises of another one next week.

Since I've lived away from home, I've noticed a few changes.

1. I've actually started cooking. Anyone who knows me knows that I hate cooking. With a passion. My family always teases me because of this and would say that I need to marry a cook someday. Well guess what? I'm dating one and my other roommate is one as well! So there! But, they're never home around supper time, so I've been doing the cooking lately. I'm not doing so bad, and I've even grown to like it!

2. I've developed a bit of a dirty mouth. I've never been one to swear, but living with two kitchen boys, I've picked up some of their habits. I'm trying to watch myself though.

3. I'm turning into a night owl. Both Cam and Stephen (my boyfriend) usually work evening shifts and don't get home until midnight or later. They have me regularly staying up until 4 or 5am. I don't mind this at all, except when I have to work, because I have to be there at 7am. Not fun at all! I'm always trying to convince my friends to come over later and stay later...but I have to remember that they all have morning jobs as well and no reason to be up so late.

4. I drink way more coffee than I used to. We just bought a new coffee maker and there are two Starbucks about a block away. Iced coffee is my new favorite drink.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...