Saturday, July 25, 2009

Big City Girl

I've always been a city girl, through and through. I grew up in Toronto and have lived in Calgary for the past ten years. I don't plan on living in Calgary forever, I hope to live in Vancouver or Toronto some day. Calgary is alright for now, but I think I need to live in a bigger city. I need the excitement of all the people and knowing that everything downtown doesn't shut down early at night.

Occasionally though, I will pause, look around me, and fall in love with Calgary. It's the simple things that make me fall in love; a trip to the farmer's market, discovering a new coffee shop, finding a new park hidden in between houses and the thing I'm loving most lately: the view from my balcony. I could sit out there for hours. Who am I kidding? I already have! I invited my sister and her friends over for a movie night, but we spent the whole night out on the balcony. It's perfect weather for it, and there's always something interesting to look at.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...