Thursday, April 26, 2012

4 Years and Counting

At the end of March, Stephen and I celebrated our 4 year anniversary. I’m amazed that so much time has gone by, yet it feels like it was just yesterday that we had met. We didn’t have anything particularly special planned to celebrate, just dinner and a movie. I should have known better though, because this year, Stephen has been on a roll with getting me awesome gifts. I’ve been downright spoiled!

Stephen likes to watch me look at Pinterest every so often. Normally, it’s so he can insist that I need to make every delicious looking recipe that I come across, but sometimes, he’ll point out a cool project. It all started with this project that I pinned:

Pinterest{Project via Our Fifth House}

Since Stephen and I have moved around a lot since we first moved in together, we both agreed that it was a neat idea, so I pinned it with the intention of making it someday.

In the weeks leading up to our anniversary, Stephen alluded to the fact that he had an awesome gift planned out for me. I could hardly wait to find out what it was, but I tried to push it out of my mind so that I wouldn’t go crazy. When Stephen got home from work, he presented me with my gift. He had gone downtown one day to take pictures of the first two places that we lived, then put it all together for me.

March 28 1116 Pt2

March 28 1111

We decided to hang the frames up by the front door, so that when friends and family come to visit, they can reminisce with us about our old places. I blocked out our current address in the first photo, by the way.

What I love about Stephen’s version of the project, is that he stuck pictures of us from the time we lived in each of those places.

March 28 1112

This was back in the first place, which I only lived in for roughly 6 months. Stephen had a roommate, and we knew that we wanted to live on our own. The apartment wasn’t fantastic, but it was my first time living away from home, so I have fond memories of it.

March 28 1113

This is from the condo. We both loved that place, but quickly realized that it was just much too small for us. That, and it got so unbelievably hot in there, that we didn’t turn on the heat until it hit –10C outside.

March 28 1114

The last place, which I have mixed feelings about. It was our biggest place so far (at the time), so I loved that about it. I also loved that we finally had laundry in our own house, and we had a large kitchen. That was about it. We didn’t intend to move from there after only 1 year, but our landlord decided he wanted to renovate and charge more for the place.

March 28 1115 Pt2

Our current, and most favorite place. It’s the biggest, and the nicest. We don’t plan on moving from here for a long time, so keep your fingers crossed that no one has other plans for us.

I’m a ridiculously sentimental person, so this was the perfect gift for me. It didn’t cost a lot to make, but to me, it means more than an expensive gift. I’m excited to see how the pictures will change in the years to come. (Hopefully we only have one or two more frames to fill!) Stephen sure knows the way to my heart.

What’s the best gift you’ve ever received?

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...