Monday, July 26, 2010

The Summer List (An Update)

Remember my Summer List? I made a post about it here. In case you don’t want to go back and read it, the basic idea is that every summer, I make a list of things I want to do during the summer. Since I first posted about my list, I’ve added a couple of things to the list, written it out and put it on the fridge and have even accomplished a few things. Shall we take a look?

July 4th 003

Things that have been added to the list:
18. Have a summer adventure with Tina
19. Get frozen yogurt at Spoon Me
20. Buy flowers
21. Celebrate Tracy’s birthday
22. Celebrate Jessica’s birthday
23. Go to the Inglewood Bird Sanctuary
24. Go to Shakespeare in the Park
25. Natasha and Kenny’s wedding

I’ve been making fairly decent progress:

1. Make a trip to Vulcan with Stephen: This was supposed to be our summer trip together, but it looks we’ll be going camping instead. I made a trip to Vulcan last weekend, so I’m still going ahead and calling it a success.
2. Have a BBQ at our apartment: I invited a few friends over to have hamburgers, hotdogs and pie!
3. See fireworks: During the Stampede, I could see the fireworks every night from my bedroom window.
4. Go on a picnic: I convinced Stephen to have a picnic with my down by the river.

July 8 2010 027


8. Walk down to the river (check out Elbow Island Park): Stephen and I accomplished this one together.
July 8 2010 019 July 8 2010 020

14. Host a game night: My BBQ turned into a game night. We played Apples to Apples and the Game of Things.
17. Get midnight slurpees at 7-11: I did this one on Saturday night, at 2am! It’s been decided that the next time we do a late night slurpee run, we’ll stick the Mac’s, where we won’t run into the bar crowd.
19. Get frozen yogurt at Spoon Me: The froyo there is amazing. So light and summery fresh. I love piling on the toppings, and need to get back there soon.
21. Celebrate Tracy’s birthday: We road tripped to Vulcan, checked out the demolition derby and had a bonfire with friends.

Vulcan 047 25. Natasha and Kenny’s Wedding: Stephen and I took the day off, dressed up and had fun!

So far, this summer has been pretty awesome. I’ve still got a few plans for August that I’m really excited for!

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...