Monday, July 5, 2010

High School Sweethearts

As I’ve mentioned a few times already, two friends of mine got married on Friday. I went to high school with Natasha and Kenny, and it was then that they started dating. I believe they’ve been together for nearly 8 years now; it’s not that often (anymore) you hear of high school sweethearts waiting so long to get married. I’m so glad that they’re making it work because they seem so in love.
Natasha's Wedding 043

They had an intimate backyard ceremony that was short and sweet. Natasha looked gorgeous and Kenny kept everyone laughing.
Natasha's Wedding 041

Their reception was held at The Gateway, which is the bar located on the campus of the school they attended. I was curious to see how it would turn out, and it didn’t disappoint. Everything was lovely, and I adored the peacock feather theme.
Natasha's Wedding 044 Natasha's Wedding 046

I’m sad that I wasn’t able to get more pictures of the reception. The lighting inside wasn’t ideal, and I hadn’t played around with my camera enough to figure out how to work around that. I wanted to be more in the moment anyway.

After we had left and were waiting for a bus to get home, I started lamenting about the fact that Stephen and I didn’t get any pictures together. It’s not often we’re both dressed up at the same time. Stephen decided to make me happy by giving me this picture:
Natasha's Wedding 081

Stephen never was one to have the patience to pose for all of the pictures I try to take of him. It was a good night regardless of that fact!

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...