Friday, July 2, 2010

7 Quick Takes (Vol 7)

7 quick takes

1. A good friend of mine is getting married today. Stephen and I both took the day off work, bought new outfits and plan on celebrating all day with her. Her reception is in a venue that I never would have considered (the bar at SAIT), so I’m eager to see how it turns out.

2. Did you see my post on Monday? Leave comments about things in my life you’d like to see pictures of. Want to see our awesome spice drawer? Or how about the street I live on? Get creative, it’s more fun that way.

3. I met a nanny friend earlier this week. We started talking at the park, and she’s a nanny who has just moved here with her husband from England. Being a nanny is so different over in England (where she had a huge network of nanny friends), so she was excited to meet another nanny that wasn’t Philipino. (Side note: Neither of us have anything against Philipino nannies, she just found it hard to carry on a conversation with the ones that she had met). We’ve exchanged numbers so that we can meet for play dates at the park in the future, and we may even go shopping after work sometime soon. After knowing only one other nanny, I’m glad to meet another one!

4. I signed up for Swagbucks ages ago, but haven’t redeemed my points for anything until recently. I haven’t been too diligent with getting points, but I’ve redeemed them for $25 worth of Amazon gift cards. I plan on putting that toward purchasing a KitchenAid Ice Cream Maker. Ooohhh yeah!
Here’s my referral link, just in case you’re interested.

5. I babysat my Friday kids on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday this week. By Wednesday, I was itching to get them out, so I brought them over to my apartment. There’s a pet store down the street that has a pig named Alistair. If you ask, they’ll let you take him out front (on a leash) to munch on some grass. There’s a chance I may have been more excited about this than my Friday Kids.


Alistair the pig 046 Alistair the pig 048

6. Yesterday was Canada day. I celebrated by sleeping in way too late for my own good. I also get a 4 day weekend.

7. When I’m home alone late at night (which is basically all the time), I’ll occasionally get freaked out by silly things. Last night, I got creeped out by some guy repeatedly screaming the F word really loud. I have no idea what happened, but it kind of freaked me out. Hopefully he’s ok.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...