Thursday, July 8, 2010

Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies

Baking With Angela

The blogosphere seems to go through some trends, and I picked up pretty quick that everyone seems to be obsessed with bacon. (Can someone please explain the burlap trend to me though? I honestly don’t get it.) I can’t say that I blame all of these bacon obsessed bloggers because bacon is just downright magical. I always ask Stephen to make me bacon. Don’t know why, I just do. I even have some sort of inside joke with another blogger (Mel @ Tweeded.Com) Every time she posts or tweets something, I have to resist the urge to reply with something bacon related. (Are you getting sick of me and my bacon yet Mel?)
Father's Day 086

For Father’s Day, I decided to shake things up and bake some bacon chocolate chip cookies. I first made Stephen promise not to tell anyone what was in the cookies, then I handed them out and eagerly watched to see what they thought of them. Stephen ruined it and told everyone about the bacon just before they took a bite, so it was hard to convince them to eat the cookies. After a lot of squealing (on my sister’s behalf), the family tried it and said they all liked them! Stephen and I enjoyed the cookies as well, but we left the leftovers behind, so I’ll never know how much they were truly enjoyed.

Candied Bacon
As seen on Closet Cooking
Father's Day 076

1. Preheat oven to 350F and line a cookie sheet with tin foil.
2. Lay out strips of bacon, and rub 1/2 cup brown sugar into the bacon slices.
3. Bake for 15-20 minutes, let cool.

Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies
(Also) Seen on Closet Cooking

(Printable Recipe)

1/2 cup softened butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/8 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips
5 strips of candied bacon

1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Cream together butter and sugars. Beat in egg and vanilla extract.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
4. Combine wet and dry ingredients. Fold in chocolate chips and bacon.
5. Drop by tablespoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet and baking for 8-10 minutes. Garnish with a slice of candied bacon (optional)
Father's Day 085

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...