Monday, July 19, 2010

Popsicles Two Ways

We’re well into July now, which means my nanny kids are out of school. I’m finding that I have to be more creative than ever to keep these guys entertained during the day. But then again, that’s every Parent’s/caregiver’s story at the moment! I’ve been reading a few Mommy blogs to help with inspiration and came across a recipe for Rainbow Pudding Pops. So easy, colorful and fun! Honestly, I had just as much as the kids making these.

A few tips when making these: Use Jello brand vanilla pudding. I found it tasted much better than the store bran version (which happened to be more yellow and affected the coloring). If you don’t have a popsicle mold, just use a plastic cup and a popsicle stick. I didn’t even have popsicle sticks, so I stuck a plastic spoon in there! Make sure to cover the cup when freezing, otherwise the top layer will taste gross. (I know from experience. If you fill the cups up to the top, it will be way too much to eat. Try and make smaller pudding pops, or at least make them in the cups so that you can easily put back in the freezer to save for later!

Rainbow Pudding Pops

1 or 2 boxes of instant vanilla pudding
Milk
Food coloring

July 17 001 1. Mix up pudding according to package directions.
2. Divide into smaller bowls and color with several drops of food coloring.
3. Layer into cups, insert spoon and freeze!
July 17 002
July 17 004

{My version made at home}

July 17 030

{The pudding pops I made with my Friday Kids}

July 17 033

{We took them out of the freezer before completely solid}

I bought some fresh strawberries last week and I just knew that I had to make them into popsicles. These were super amazing, and I think Stephen I and both preferred them over the pudding pops. (Although, they’re not as fun as the pudding pops!)

Strawberry Popsicles

2 cups strawberries
1 cup vanilla ice cream (I used strawberry ripple)
4 cups orange juice
2 tbsp sugar (since I used frozen OJ that I already find sweet, I omitted the sugar)July 17 005

1. Put all ingredients into blender, blend until smooth. Strain seeds if desired. (I didn’t)
2. Pour into popsicle molds and freeze!

July 17 007

July 17 009

Tip: To get the spoons to stand up (mostly straight), place a piece of saran wrap over the top of the cup, cut a hole in the top and insert the spoon!

I forgot to get a picture of the final product, but you can use your imagination!
I plan on buying a popsicle mold sometime soon, because I’ve bookmarked so many yummy sounding recipes! You can bet that I’ll be sharing them once I try them out!

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...