Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

Ten on Tuesday

 #37

1. If given the opportunity, would you choose a mediocre job that paid well or your dream job that paid poorly?
Up until last week, I probably would have chosen the mediocre job. Last week, I had some sort of personal revelation about how much more I enjoy my job when the atmosphere is right. (That’s as much as I can say without going into detail about my job. Sorry for being vague) I’d happily take less pay if it meant loving every minute of my job.

2. What is your favorite thing about the 4th of July? (For the foreigners: What is your impression of the 4th of July?)
I’m Canadian, so all I have to say is Holy Crap, you Americans are sure patriotic. Also? I’m sad that I never made any plans for Canada Day.

3. What’s the most random fact you know about American history?
Nothing really. Even though I am Canadian, I know a few things about American History, but none of it is anything that you wouldn’t already know.

4. What is the best fireworks display you’ve ever seen?
When we were kids living in Ontario, we were often taken to the horse race track. There was an amazing firework display put on for Canada Day one year, and I loved having such a great view of it!

5. Who taught you how to put on makeup?
I don’t remember anyone actually teaching me, I sort of just picked it up on my own. Random fact: I’m not very good at being a girl. I’m terrible at doing my own hair/makeup and will more often than not go without wearing makeup.

6. Have you ever gone through a financial planning process? Tell us about it.
Not really, nope.

7. What was your favorite outfit as a kid? Bonus points for pictures.
There was a dress that I got for my birthday in grade three that I was absolutely in love with; it was a red dress covered in a floral print.

8. Do you prefer a beach, lake, swimming pool, or no water?
Beach, if it’s not crowded. I’ve mostly grown up on lakes though and haven’t been to an actual (ocean) beach for swimming.

9. Do you recycle? If not, why?
I hate to admit this, but we don’t really recycle. Our building doesn’t have any recycling facilities in place and since we don’t have a car and there aren’t any recycling facilities close by, it’s too difficult for us. We do leave pop cans/bottles outside for homeless people to take if they'd like to.
That being said, when given the opportunity, I do recycle.

10. What are your thoughts and feelings about the Twilight Saga?
I did read the books (partly out of curiosity, but mostly to keep certain people from nagging me). I didn’t find them as good as everyone claimed them to be and found that by the last book, it had gotten even worse. I honestly have no idea what all the fuss is about. I have seen the first two movies (I got roped into it), and I have to say that RPatz is not good looking AT ALL and I really dislike KStew. Tlaut is the only bearable one of the lot.
But seriously, can we just be over Twilight already?

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...