Sunday, August 23, 2009

Vocab and The Beast

I live with two line cooks, which has introduced me to the world of the kitchen (through their stories). Thanks to these two guys, I've picked up a new vocabulary for a few everyday items.

The fridge is often referred to as the cooler.
The BBQ is always The Grill.
Spatulas are now Spatties.
Reservations are now Reso's.
Yes is now Yo.

Those are just a few of the things that I noticed myself saying over the course of the past two months.

I baked my first ever white bread today, and let me just tell you that this thing was a BEAST! It rose so high that It touched the burner on the top of the oven! *Note to self: Remove top rack when baking bread. While it was a beast, it was so very good. We cut it up right out of the oven and smothered slices of it with Nutella and Jam. Yum! We're down to less than half a loaf....I'm looking forward to making more soon.
I used to be a bit afraid of baking bread for some reason, but with the success of this loaf, you can definitely bet that I'll be looking for new recipes to try out.
Random fact for you: Even though I have made it twice (succesfully!), I'm still kind of afraid of making my own pie crust.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...