Friday, March 23, 2012

7 Quick Takes

1. I'm still finding it hard to find something to write about here lately. My life has been rather uneventful, and that doesn't make for very exciting blog posts. I also haven't picked up my camera in a few weeks, which makes me sad. I need to remedy these problems soon.

2. Stephen got a new job, that he started a week ago! He has officially left the restaurant industry, and become the produce manager at a grocery store across the street from our house. He's thankful to trade in a 1.5 hour (each way) commute for a 5 minute walk.

3. Speaking of work, I'll be starting a part time nanny share in two weeks. For those of you who don't know, a nanny share is when two families come
together and combine childcare with one nanny. This means that the families each get to pay the nanny less, but the nanny ends up making more money! This nanny share is only 4 or so days a month, but the extra money will be nice.

4. I've got my sister's wedding on the brain. Her wedding is less than 4 months away, and I feel like she's behind in planning it. She hasn't even figured out who's going to make her wedding cake yet!

5. I'm in charge of the bridal shower in May, so I've been working on invites. Those need to go out in the next week, so I need to get those finished off. We'll also be ordering our bridesmaids dresses before the weekend is over.

6. Tomorrow is mine and Stephen's 4 year anniversary. I can't believe it's already been 4 years! So much has changed in the short amount of time, that I feel like surely I must have known him longer than I really have. Since Stephen changed jobs, he's now stuck working, so we don't really have much planned. I'll have to cook him a nice dinner, and bake something delicious, of course!

7. Did I mention that this is my first full two day weekend in weeks? I've been picking up a bunch of extra babysitting on weekends, but I am so thankful to get a full two days off now. Can't wait to sleep in tomorrow.

What are your plans this weekend?
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...