Friday, October 21, 2011

7 Quick Takes (Vol 58)

1. I can’t believe that it’s finally Friday. This week seemed to drag by, I think mostly because I haven’t been getting enough sleep. Hopefully I’ll take the time to catch up on sleep this weekend.

2. I went to Pier 1 this week to look at Halloween decorations, yet ended up walking out with 3 Christmas ornaments. (An Eiffel Tower and 2 skeleton keys.) The Halloween decorations were just too expensive. Either that, or I’m too cheap. I just can’t bring myself to pay $25+ for one decoration.

3. I also bought my winter jacket. I hate that it’s already just about that time of year, but I need to be prepared. I also got some winter boots.

4. Monday night, I had dinner over at my Mom’s house. I got to see a friend’s daughter that I hadn’t seen in ages. She had just turned 3, and is mighty cute! She took a liking to me, and was even wanting to sleep over at my house by the end of the night.

5. I didn’t realize that poking someone on Facebook is still a thing. Who does that still?

6. I held the door for a guy one morning this week, which lead him to strike up a conversation with me. When I tried to part ways to go catch my bus, he tried to make me go get coffee with him. This took place at 6:20 in the morning, and he was much older than me, so I was rather leery of him. Awkward.

7. I took Baby E on a walk to one of the many ponds in his community. After snack time, we were looking out at the ducks, when I noticed muskrats! I think it’s funny that up until last month, I had never seen a muskrat, and now I’ve seen three. There’s so many great place to walk in E’s community, so we’ve always got something exciting to do!

What are your plans for the weekend?

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...