Friday, October 7, 2011

7 Quick Takes (Vol 56)

1. I only worked 2.5 days this week, which was a welcome change from the 40+ hours I was working the past two weeks. It seems like this week was the one to travel; one family went to Nashville and the other split up to go to Vegas, Victoria and Golden.

2. It’s been a rather dreary week here. Yesterday was so cold, rainy and windy that the wind broke my umbrella when I was going to pick up the boys from school. Hopefully the rain will stop soon so I don’t have to buy an umbrella until next year.

3. Stephen and I both needed some new winter gear this year, so we ordered winter coats online. Keep your fingers crossed for us that we got the sizing right! Oh, and after more than 20 years of surviving cold Canadian winters, I’m finally getting a proper pair of boots. I have no idea why I ever put it off. I really should be buying some snow pants as well (for days spent outside with my nanny boys), but they were a wee bit out of my budget.

4. Stephen has been begging me for 3.5 years to get into video games. I’m not much of a video game person to be honest, so I really couldn’t find anything that I’d be willing to play consistently. I finally caved in and tried out the Sims 3 though, and I have to admit that I’m kind of hooked. Stephen’s just happy that he can take over the TV with his XBox games and I’ll sit next to him on the couch playing Sims on my laptop.

5. We brought our winter duvet this week. The nights have been getting so cold that our summer duvet just wasn’t cutting it anymore. It’s been so hard to get out of bed in the mornings though, because I don’t want to leave that cocoon of warmth!

6. It’s Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend. I’m in charge of dessert (naturally), so I decided to go with pumpkin pie cupcakes instead of an actual pumpkin pie, just to switch things up. I bought a pie pumpkin for the first time this week, so I’m pretty excited to make my own pumpkin puree! Expect a recap of that adventure sometime next week.

7. What are your plans for the weekend? If you’re a Canadian, what are your plans for Thanksgiving?

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...