Monday, December 13, 2010

Reverb 10


Playing catch up on days 9-12. To find out more about how to reflect on this year & manifest what’s next, check out the Reverb 10 website.

December 9 – Party Prompt: Party. What social gathering rocked your socks off in 2010? Describe the people, music, food, drink, clothes, shenanigans.

In February, Stephen and I decided to combine our birthdays celebrations (his is January 8th and mine is February 5th). After toying with a few theme ideas, we settled on a Mexican Fiesta theme. The star of our party was the Taco Bar that we had set up on our kitchen island. We set out massive amounts of everything needed to construct the perfect taco. There were margaritas and even a cappuccino fudge cheesecake that my sister baked for me. Someone brought stick on moustaches, a sombrero and some maracas. We all took turns taking pictures with them. We even had a piñata that Stephen broke with one big whack that caused me to scream. I love the feeling of being surrounded by all of the people that I love!

December 10 – Wisdom Wisdom. What was the wisest decision you made this year, and how did it play out?

My wisest decision that I made was accepting the two jobs that I did. The whole job hunting process for me was a whirlwind. I was in a cloud of doubt and worry, but when these job opportunities presented themselves, I knew accepting them would be the best decision for not only myself, but for Stephen as well. I’m treated fantastically at work, and I never realized just how much of a difference that can make! (I was treated well at my last job as well, so don’t take that the wrong way!)

December 11 – 11 Things What are 11 things your life doesn’t need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life?

1. Negativity.
2. Self-doubt.
3. Clutter.
4. Worry.
5. Stress.
6. Attempting to be perfect.
7. Eating out more often than I should.
8. Procrastination.
9. Guilt.
10. Envy.
11. Distractions.

Eliminating these things won’t be an easy process, and I don’t expect to be able to do it all in 2011. It’ll be an ongoing battle to work on these things, but they’ll help me to become a better person.

December 12 – Body Integration This year, when did you feel the most integrated with your body? Did you have a moment where there wasn’t mind and body, but simply a cohesive YOU, alive and present?

I’ve thought about this one for most of the day yesterday, but I couldn’t come up with anything. I’ll have to take a pass on this prompt.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...