Thursday, August 5, 2010

Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies

Baking With Angela

When a blog friend meets me for the first time, you’d expect me to greet them with a plate of cookies, fresh out of the oven, right? Yeah, I had that mental image as well. It’s been so hot lately, that when Kim (from Blair’s Girls) made plans with me to come over, I didn’t plan on baking her anything. Around 9am (she was coming over for noon), I was lounging on the couch, drinking my coffee and reading some blogs. I still had to get ready for the day and clean my apartment, but then I got to thinking about my lack of dessert. I bake. It’s kind of what I’m known for! There’s no way that a blog friend of mine could come over to find that I didn’t bother baking anything. You know what I did? I opened up my latest saved recipe and got to baking. I decided that I didn’t care if the apartment got too hot, and to make up for it, I wouldn’t even turn on the dishwasher.
August 1 038

I’m glad that I decided to bake some cookies, because it turns out that Kim had warned her husband that there was a good possibility of baked goods being available. Kim? This recipe’s for you.

(P.S. I probably ate a few too many of these. They’re just so dang good!)

Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies
Adapted from Lovin’ From The Oven

(Printable Recipe)

1 1/3 cups flour
1 tbsp cocoa
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/3 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup Nutella (I used a generous 2/3 cup)
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
August 1 031

1. Whisk together flour, cocoa, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
2. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Mix in Nutella and vanilla. Beat in egg.
3. Gently fold in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. Refrigerate for 1 hour. (Or put in freezer for 15 minutes)
4. Preheat oven to 350F.
5. Drop dough by tablespoonful onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 11 minutes, or until the edges look set.

August 1 033

August 1 040

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...